Saturday, May 16, 2009

Mother's Day

Kevin, Jameson and I were really lucky on mother's day because Kev's mom was staying with us. I was lucky, because that meant I got to sleep in and Nana Carol watched, wait, chased after Jameson while Kevin made my favorite breakfast to bring to me. I got to wake up to my darling little man opening my door, and my adorable big man bringing me a tray of breakfast. Jameson wasn't exactly sure why I didn't get out of bed and apparently he was trying to make a break for it. He climbed up on the bed and put his arm around me for my whole breakfast. It made me ever so thankful that I have these incredible guys in my life. To be uber-cheesy, they complete me and I love 'em for it!


Later on we headed up to Longmont to have an early dinner with Scott, Erika, Elia, Eden and yet-to-be-baby # 3, Erika's mom, Momma Carol, and Grandpa Bailey. It was so much fun to see the cousins together again. Elia of course was wonderful with Jameson and he was in awe of everything she did. Eden wasn't too sure of another kid her size running around, and she sure wasn't happy about sharing her toys! (she's nearly 2, so of course this is perfectly normal!)

The best cousins picture I could manage


Grandpa Bailey (Kevin's grandpa) is very special to us and Grandpa loves Franklin Jefferson Jameson. Jameo thought Grandpa was so fun, and really loved sitting in his lap. I am so happy that Grandpa decided to come celebrate the day with us!



Auntie Erika (cute baby belly!!) and Jameson played trains for a long time, and when she walked to the other side of the room for something, he was following her handing her pieces of the track. It made me laugh. If you play with Jameson he remembers what it is you played with and that is your designated play thing, be it stuffed animals, books, or a ball.
Jameson got to have another birthday party since the fam missed his first birthday. He enjoyed hearing "Happy Birthday" this time around much more so than the last.




My little guy doesn't like to get his face and hands dirty when he eats.



He loved the chocolate and sprinkles!

Jameson even got to open presents! Nana and Papa got him an awesome slide that he has mastered and a lawnmower to push around after his daddy. Erika made him an awesome blanket that has quickly become his snuggle blanket when we come downstairs in the mornings.

His new slide

My daredevil prefers going face first!

3 comments:

Alison said...

ahhh the cousins are super cute and E looks fantastic...why does she ALWAYS have to be so cute prego? Love you!

Patti said...

I am so glad to hear that I am not alone in my thinking. :) Emersyn hasn't even started to crawl yet, which I am sure brings a whole new slew of challenges. :) It's good to see you on here again, love hearing how you are doing and see how big your little man is getting!! Are you still nursing?

Lauren said...

He is REALLY starting to look like you!