Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My favorite cheeseball

It's been too long since I last blogged. Unfortunately our life hasn't been that interesting. The temperatures here in Vienna were pretty chilly, and it snowed a few times, but not a lot. Jameson has at least one new tooth attempting to pop through on the top left, and I think a couple more on the bottom. Hopefully, the top one will cut the surface, because this one has disturbed his sleep for a few days now, and when his sleep is disturbed, so is mine. It hurts my heart when he wakes up crying in pain. It is a very distinct cry, and I always know. I pick him up and he just snuggles right up and wraps his arms around my neck and buries his head on my chest. He is at such a fun age, I am loving it. He throws everything and of course, its a fun game. He tries to make Kevin and I laugh, and when he succeeds (which is often) he does whatever it was again and again. We love playing with him, and we are lucky because we have a lot of time to devote to playtime. He just glows when both of us are on the floor with him. He brings toys back and forth to us. His daddy and him have special games, so Daddy always gets the same toys. I love hearing Jameson belly laugh when Kevin plays his games with him. I definitely need to get it on video. He loves dancing to music. He flirts with girls of every age from the very young to the very old, but he is easily embarrassed. The other night we had some students over for the Inauguration and he was almost standing on his own, so I let go. He fell to his knees and looked at the girls and just burst into tears with a big pouty lip and crocodile tears. He wasn't hurt at all, except his pride. He loves watching older kids run around and play, and I think he is longing for the day that he will be doing the same thing. I could keep him little for much longer, but I know time will fly!


If you look closely you can see the eternally slow growing teeth!

That would be the joker smile Uncle Tim talks about, he does look a bit devilish in this pic.

One of his favorite activities is getting into these drawers and emptying the contents, and when he gets caught this is his look that he gives me. Its followed by a "What? Who me?" look and then as soon as I turn away he goes right back to it.

Our new group of Ducklings

2 comments:

Alison said...

That face can't possibly be trouble!

Kelsey Paulus said...

So cute Aimee. I cannot believe they have grown so fast! Jameson is SO adorable and I agree with Allison....no trouble on your hands!