Friday, May 9, 2008

Well-baby-check update

Jameson had his 2-month appointment yesterday and I am pleased to say that he is doing so well. Hitting all the milestones and even ahead on some others, like bearing his weight and he is very strong. He was flirting with the nurse practitioner until she started poking and prodding him, then he didn't like her too much. We didn't do vaccines yet, I am waiting until his immune system is more mature, and he can handle the massive amounts of toxic chemicals. The figures for Autism are pretty scary, (1 in 150) and if you take the females out of the equation those figures rise to 1 in 73 boys. Those figures don't include other neurological diseases and learning disabilities either. As a mom I am going to do everything in my power to make sure that my little boy stays safe. I am not against vaccines, I realize that the reason those awful childhood diseases are no longer around are because of the shots, however, I want to be well informed beforehand. When we were kids we got three-five vaccines, these days kids get SIXTEEN! A baby getting one vaccine in a day is the equivalent of an adult getting forty, so I definitely want to separate them out. Sorry about the rant, its just really scary to me.

Jameson was 25 1/4 inches long and 14.6 lbs. He was in the 97% for height and 96% for weight. Because of how long he is, he is now in 6-month sleepers. All of his 3-month sleepers are too short and his legs scrunch up or he is wearing "highwaters." He has been sleeping through the night, going down at 8:00 and sleeping until 5:30 or 6:00. I bring him into bed to nurse him and then am usually too lazy to take him back to bed so he sleeps in my arms until 8:00.

No comments: