Saturday, June 21, 2008

Some Pics from South Carolina...More to come later

I had no idea Scott was taking this picture, but I love it. We were waiting for our table at the restaurant and they had this great "backyard" right on the ocean. South Carolina has a beautiful coast.
Photobucket

Here we are "unprepared" for the family pic, laughing about something.
Photobucket

Family Pic
Photobucket

Jameson was not a very happy camper by the time dinner arrived. I didn't know where to nurse him, so he was probably hungry, and normally around 7:00ish we disappear for "quiet time" to get ready for bed. I passed him to Kevin and Jameo fell asleep in his arms. "Awwww!" I love it when that happens. Proud Daddy Kev.
Photobucket

When Jameson's crying got unbearable I walked with him around the place to see if there was a bush I could hide behind to nurse him. There was nothing, so I stowed myself in the handicap stall of the bathroom. (Ewww, gross I know! Nursing moms, lets unite to get a law passed that requires nursing rooms next to a ladies room, would this be soooo difficult???? Ah, but it would make life so much easier, a blog, I mean rant to be written on that later.) After I nursed him for a few minutes I realized I had to go pee. Luckily I was wearing a dress which makes it much easier while holding a baby, however I will spare you the details. I went to go wash my hands (one at a time since I was holding Jameo) and a very nice southern lady offered to help by holding him. Well at this point I had finished washing one hand and was on to the other hand, so I just moved him to the other arm and said no thanks. As soon as I moved him, she looked at me and said, (imagine a very heavy southern drawl) "Oh honey, you're tucked in right here, let me get that for you" and proceeded to pull my dress that I had unknowingly tucked into my undies. Beautiful, that would have been hilariously mortifying had I stepped out of the bathroom! Thank God for honest southern women. I told her thank you and that she could help me with that any day. I am sure some ladies would have just ignored it not knowing what to say, does the "letting someone know they have food in their teeth" debate sound familiar, because a dress tucked into underwear falls in the same category, in my opinion.

Hanging out at our condo on our last full day in South Carolina
Photobucket

Dinner that evening at the Hard Rock Cafe in Myrtle Beach (Its shaped like a pyramid). In that lake behind me were GIANT catfish. Notice my little "mole" does not like the sun, he scrunches up his face everytime we are outside.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Alison said...

ha ha - I'm picturing the dress in the underwear thing...I would have told you :) but you're right, most people avoid the situation!