Friday, November 27, 2009

Time to breathe

Since landing on Monday, we haven't had much time to recover. We hit the ground running. With Thanksgiving Day to prepare, there was a lot to do. Today Kevin took a few of the students on a brewery tour and then this evening we had a "Ganslessen" (Goose dinner) with the wonderful teachers from our German language school. Through it all Jameson has been a trooper, more than a trooper, he has been awesome. Last night, we didn't get home until 11 pm and he was still in a great, happy mood if not a little hyper (perhaps the full piece of pumpkin pie?)

Today we went to a park, then bought some groceries. After that we came home and played in the back garden. He took a good nap, we loaded him up and went to a beautiful heuriger (wine restaurant) in the vineyards above Vienna for our Ganslessen. Jameson made a couple of friends, one was a little girl named Lea who was about one, and then he was following a boy of about five and a girl of around seven all around the room. You know your baby is getting old when they are playing "peek-a-boo" with the younger one, and looking at you as if to say, "isn't this a cute little baby?" I love watching Jameson with kids younger than he because he is so gentle and so kind. He walked with Lea and played with her and kissed her on the cheek. He even let her grab his nose and his hair. (I think she was jealous as he has a head full of hair and she had very little). He would put his hands on his knees to bend down and talk to her, and it made me laugh. He is even great at sharing his toys, or in this case his crayons and pad of paper. I am hoping his attitude regarding babies means he will be a good future older brother.
Jameson coloring at our Ganslessen

I am pretty happy that we are done with our "duties" for awhile. We need to get Jameson back on his schedule. His normal bedtime is 7:00pm. Between jet-lag and holiday parties we haven't come close to that. I am hoping that his 7:00 o'clock bedtime won't come as such a shock tomorrow night. The problem is that 7:00pm here is 11:00 am in Denver, which is his nap-time. I realized this when he woke up two nights in a row at about 10:00pm ready to play until 2:30 or 3:00 in the morning (so that translates to 6:30 or 7:00pm Denver time). I am really hoping that the two "off" days will help him adjust to the time here, because I am worked! This round of jet-leg has been the worse yet, because he can get out of bed, walk around, go play, whereas before Kevin and I would sit him between us on the bed and sleep around him while he entertained himself until he got sleepy. I won't say we are out of the woods yet, but it does look promising!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We were thinking of all of our family and friends!

1 comment:

Alison said...

I know Momma is hoping he's going to be a good big brother soon ;)